Tuesday 4 August 2009

life on film...

Having been inspired by the fact that the lovely Catherine and also Martina have recently bought cameras to shoot film, before I went to Belgium I was checking out Etsy and ebay to see if I could pick up something to play with. We do have an Olympus camera but it's in need of repair and hasn't been used for years.

Then I remembered that M has a camera that belonged to his father, an Agfa Silette L.

agfa
- Yay, I'd totally forgotten about this and I think it's in working order, so now I'm back I've bought some film and need to start playing!!

agfa2 copy

Not sure how I'm going to reign myself in as I'm used to taking 100's of photos not just 36! Let the love begin...

6 comments:

Martina said...

Hi Jac! What a coincidence as I just recently asked my Dad if he had his old camera from the 60s and he does...its a Kodak Retinette IA and I think it is also in good working order...it looks quite similar to this one you have on your blog and has the leather case too! I am struggling a bit with the polaroid but I'll get there!

Catherine said...

This looks great jac I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes for you. I've been so cautious about using film in mine but then mine is also newish well from the eArly 80's and I'm not sure it's going tohave the old qualities I'm looking for. But it's still so exciting!

ELK said...

have so much fun with this beauty ~old is new again!

ELK said...

have so much fun with this beauty ~old is new again!

Tracy said...

Oh, what a nice treat, Jac...enjoy! :o)

christina said...

Can't wait to see what you capture! : )