Wednesday 3 February 2010

new guilty pleasure...

Anyone who reads this blog will know what a huge book lover I am.
just read
page 249
book heart
One of the things I've always wanted to do, is to keep a list of the books that I read in a year but somehow time, organisation etc etc has meant that I never got around to it. This year one of my resolutions was to try and do this, so imagine my excitment when I came across something on Char's blog that made me whoop with delight. As you can probably see there is now a link on my sidebar, (with pretty pictures!) of the books I've read in 2010. The link takes you to a site called goodreads.

Basically, on the site if you create a free account, you can list all the books you've read, the ones you want to and the ones you're reading at the moment. You can also link up to see what others are reading, join online book clubs on the site, and join discussions. Oh and you can get lovely wigets to add to your blog to show off your bookshelves.

Trust me this site is very addictive, before you know it, you've spent far too long and any guilt is only because I should be doing something else instead of getting sucked into the world of books. But hey, there are worst things - right? Come and join me on the dark side...!

8 comments:

Martina said...

Hello...I have heard of this but forgot about it...I just started keeping a record of books I've read on my side bar..more for myself really but this sounds much better..will check it out when I am not feeling so lazy! BTW not sure if there is a Bewley's in Belfast but am curious to find out...will let you know :)

stephanie said...

Ooh, what a nifty idea. I build a spreadsheet for myself to keep track of what I want to read and what I have read each year. It helps me to make sure that I don't forget what I plan on reading and make sure that I don't forget to read for fun!

Casie said...

I joined the dark side a while ago. It's the facebook of books, but way less stalky! (Not a word I know).

Mind you I also keep a spreadsheet. But I'm a Virgo.

bethany said...

In love with these images...

And, if books are the dark side, count me in! :)

Char said...

:) yay - glad you joined in

SE'LAH... said...

i wish i read more than i do now. i just started taking more time to do it now that my daughter can read on her own. we read together but it's time i would never trade for anything in the world.

i'm so happy that reading brings you such joy.

one love.

christina said...

hi sweetness!
i love books as well. and goodreads is a lovely place to spend time. : ) i am on there as well.
you just know i love these photos.
xo

Martina said...

Well now...after leaving my comment on Wednesday, I thought you should know that I spent the entire remainder of my evening on Goodreads!! Need to go back over the weekend and suss the bit about putting it on my blog...it's great and you are right...addictive!! Much better than keeping a boring list!