Monday 26 July 2010

garden magic...

reaching into sunlight
picked...96/365
summermix

I love the garden at this time of year, there's something so magical about the way everything just grows and grows! I'm a big fan of growing plants from seed because how amazing is that. I still can't get over the fact that from a tiny seed you can end up with a huge plant.

On the subject of plants; my sweetcorn in my greenhouse has gone crazy! So much so that we've had to remove some panes of glass from the roof! It is baby sweetcorn so stupidly I wasn't really thinking that it would grow to be the nearly 7 foot that it is at the moment... oh well, won't be doing that again lol!!

Still it's good that we're even getting enough sun in the first place to grow stuff, so I'm not going to complain too much...

5 comments:

Char said...

yay for a wonderful garden - and yummy rewards

Casie said...

I am missing the sun like crazy. So is my vegie garden. So nice to see fresh home grown produce.

stephanie said...

I'm so excited to start my garden for next year. I'm planning and plotting and scheming. I can't wait. I love that your corn got so tall in the greenhouse. That's pretty funny.

melski said...

What a gorgeous garden! so nice to be able to eat things you grow :)

margie said...

these are simply delightful.