Monday 23 August 2010

once again...

Here I am after another unintended break. I didn't actually mean to be away from blogging but somehow daily life just got in the way!

One of the things I've been doing recently is decorating. We had dark stained floorboards in our kitchen and sitting room which were perfectly fine until I got it into my head that it would be a great idea to paint them a light grey colour. Obviously this meant sanding all the old stain off before I could even start but still it seemed like a good idea...

The main problem wasn't really the painting but the fact that the paint took 8 hours to dry and oh, did I mention that in my house every room leads onto each other... no hallways which meant a logistical nightmare... but never mind, now that it's done it's all a distant memory which is probably a good thing!

glimpse... 121/365
the floor was still a little wet at this point!

progress...
after one coat of paint...

Now of course I just need to find some time to sew some new cushion covers using the Kath Kidson fabric I've had for forever!!

7 comments:

stephanie said...

What a project! I love the look of the floors with the light paint.

Char said...

oh i love the light floors - beautiful job

melski said...

what a big job! looks great

Catherine said...

oh it looks amazing! I'd love to be able to do that. Big job but oh so worth it! I can't wait to see your cushions too, I have a very soft cath spot : )

Casie said...

Absolutely love it. Beautiful job!

christina said...

it looks beautiful, my friend.
xo

Lobster and swan said...

great room! Look forward to seeing those cushions.