Friday 29 May 2009

secret gardens and boats shaped like swans...

We had a lovely few days away visiting relatives down South. The sun shone, which made a nice change! My sister in law has a gorgeous garden which is really large but my favourite part reminds me of a secret garden, as you have to go through a lovely iron gate with an old fashioned bell at the side to get in.
059

The garden itself is so lovely, (my photo doesn't do it justice) with trees and flowers, all surrounded by an old brick wall. (My photo only shows the path down the middle of the garden but there is a path each side also.) At the very bottom it opens up into an arboretum. It's such a lovely place to wander around especially in the sun, almost like being in a story book, miles away from the real world!

gardenpeek1

Yesterday I was back home again and so went to see my sister and my lovely nieces who are 13rs and nearly 15years. Our day involved a walk in the park, a trip on a boating lake, (in a boat that was shaped like a swan!) followed by an ice cream. Then back home to theirs to play on this . Ok I confess I must be the only person in the world who hadn't played on this until yesterday - but seriously how much fun?!! Obviously helped by the fact that I managed to increase my fitness age by twenty years in the space of an hour, so I felt like i'd achieved something,(not to mention the indignity of starting with a fitness level 8 years older than I am!!) and I managed to top the leader board in a couple of things!!
twilight

I had such a lovely day full of laughter and fun and the best bit, is that I came away with these books, (thanks to my lovely niece, who has promised to give me the 4th one also!). I hear they are a little bit addictive...

5 comments:

christina said...

It sounds like a glorious time was had by all. I am on the third book in this series, and yes I have to admit, I am a bit addicted. I love reading. I see you do too. ; )

PS: I'm in love with your photography.

Meg said...

So now you've had a go, I must be the only person never to have held a Wii.

Catherine said...

I'd love to have a big garden like that, the Secret Garden was one of my favourites, it always seemed so magical to have a garden like that. Oh the twilight books, I just finished all four and then started back on the first again (so yes it's addictive!) the fourth book I found a little odd maybe....but they suck you in!

hanna said...

This garden sounds enchanting, I dream of having a garden like this.

triplej said...

Wow that garden is SO beautiful! What a treat to be able to wander it in the sunshine. Sounds like you had a delightful time with your neices too! And as for the books... I have not read any of them but I am constantly being asked for them at work so they must be good!!